- The vast majority of people opt to do their own packing. This is the cheapest way to move, and it means that you can begin by packing non essential items a week or so in advance. When packing, be sure to follow these simple and obvious rules:
- Use good sturdy boxes and tape.(Your removal company should be able to provide you with these)
- Never over-pack your boxes.(Remember that somebody has to pick them up and carry them. Over weight boxes can lead to injury and no box should exceed 20kg where possible).
- Never pack heavy or awkward items on top of delicate or fragile items. When packing heavy items such as books, keep the boxes to a manageable weight. Use lighter items such as cushions to fill the boxes.
- Pack your smaller pictures into boxes where possible. Larger pictures should be wrapped in good quality parcel paper. Never pack paintings in bubble wrap as this can cause them to ‘sweat’.
- Be sure to empty washing machines, dish washers etc and give your fridge and freezer 24 hours to defrost before they are moved.
- Above all else, give yourself plenty of time to pack your belongings. What may seem like a straightforward job can take a substantial amount of time, and should not be left until the last minute. Attempting to cram things into boxes the morning of your move will lead to delays and possible breakages.
Will you do all my packing and unpacking for my removal? Of course, if you want us to.
We are completely flexible and it depends on your personal preferences for your removal. Our fully professional trained staff can provide a full packing service or you may prefer to do the packing yourself in order to keep your removal costs down.
- If you wish to avail of our packing service by our expert staff all packaging and materials are fully inclusive in the packing quotation provided at time of request
- If you decide to pack your own move we can supply all packaging materials. Please click here to see our competitive range of top quality removal packaging.
- Where required, access to your storage unit can be arranged outside our reception opening hours, 24 hours a day, at no extra cost by contacting Reception during opening hours.